Seeking contributors to new podcast dealing with loss of LDS faith

We are developing a new podcast and are looking for people who have lost their faith in the LDS Church (at least in part) over one of the following issues, and who are willing to discuss their loss of faith on a podcast.

Book of Abraham
Polygamy
Blacks and Priesthood
DNA and Book of Mormon
Masonry
1st Vision
Book of Mormon Anachronism
Women and Priesthood

We are particularly looking for people who are relatively well-versed and articulate in discussing these topics. Please email me at mormonstories@gmail.com if you are interested in participating. Thanks!

John Dehlin

6 comments for “Seeking contributors to new podcast dealing with loss of LDS faith

1. Charlotte
    May 11, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Would I have to give my real name? My extended family members and many of my friends do not know we left and it was a big issue for a while with my immediate family.

I was especially impressed with your panel discussion with Scott Gordon and Rosemary. You were able to verbalize and explain my pain. My husband and I left in 2003 and had our names removed in 2008. I went from active to gone within about 2 weeks because of the issues. I can email you my story (19 pages in the form of a letter to my niece which she refused to read) if you’d like to read it. I can’t seem to get over the anger.

2. Truman Griffin
    May 11, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I’m interested in participating. I was born and raised in Arkansas so my perspective is uniquely outside of Utah/Idaho. My mother’s family comes from a long pioneer stock, and my father is a 3rd generation Arkansas Mormon. I was raised in the church to be in the world but not of the world I can tell you how people in the south think of Mormons and even tell you some stories of discrimination, which solidified my resolve to stay I the church from an early age. I went on my mission to California, and married in the temple. My wife still believes and we make our marriage work. Contact me if you want any more info.

3. Jayci
    May 12, 2012 at 3:13 am

After watching DNA VS BOOK OF MORMON, and then I continually went to church and asked questions and then was told by my bishop to not come back so to speak… There’s a lot more to my story if course, but if I’m articulate enough for you love to share. God Bless.

4. May 12, 2012 at 3:24 am

Are you looking for people who have left the church completely, or just have lost faith in one of the ideas mentioned? I was a Mormon for 30 years, but am no longer a member of the church. For what it’s worth, I wrote about my life experiences in a book that can be seen by clicking the link above. It’s not terribly well known, but those who have read it said they enjoyed it (maybe they were just saying that to be nice). The book includes about 140 pages of what I call “My List of Grievances” – my reasons for leaving Mormonism, based upon the study and research I did over a one year period.

My number one issue with the church is the First Vision (or lack thereof) of Joseph Smith. Contrary to what the church teaches, the keystone of Mormonism is NOT the Book of Mormon. In my opinion, the church either stands or falls on whether God called Smith to establish his one true religion. The Book of Mormon has no bearing on whether Joseph was a real prophet or not. The entire book could be a fraud, yet what Joseph taught could still be true principles from God. But if Joseph was not a prophet, then whatever is in the Book of Mormon doesn’t matter, and the things the church teaches don’t matter either.

Eric

5. Ron Condon
    May 19, 2012 at 1:28 am

“People who are well-versed and articulate in discussing” I notice as I watch Mormon Stories Podcast(which i enjoy) Most of the people that are interviewed are from a high education or academic background. I would like to see an in depth interview with just One average “Joe Lunch Box” blue collar type!
    Some guy that just articulates the “Simplicity” about their faith crisis in the LDS Paradigm. One that can explain it in a way where the average guy can understand. Without using these words like Eschateology, Epistemology, or any other ‘ology”
    I think Most LDS (CURRENT AND FORMER) Are “puffed up” with their education, finacial, social status!
    Anyway, keep up the good work!

• Jeff Tew
      June 26, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I would be interested in sharing my crisis of faith story!