The Original Screencast on Why Mormons Leave and How We Can Help?

This screencast preseentation was created in 2008 to explore why some people leave the LDS church and how we can help.  Since then over 95,000 have viewed this presentation.

8 comments for “The Original Screencast on Why Mormons Leave and How We Can Help?

1. Nancy Beck
    February 14, 2012 at 5:20 am

This caught my attention on “youtube” years ago and it would send me researching and buying books from Amazon.com by the tons. Libraries in Utah would supply me with many of the books, but then they would mysteriously disappear off the shelves…especially in the slcolibrary.org, surprisingly the richfieldlibrary.com had more to offer and the D.I. in Richfield provided me with treasured old LDS books.

2. Ron Condon
    February 23, 2012 at 5:55 am

As a former Member of the LDS Church, I too became aware of these FACTS about the History of Joseph Smith(30 wives, Destruction of the Printing Press, Died with a six shooter in his hands etc etc.
    Also the Book of Mormon, D&C Book of Abraham, Pearl of Great Price ALL have MAJOR Problems with, History, Archeology, Science, Etc Etc.
    These FACTS just Confirmed what I had allready believed in my Heart and my Head about the LDS Church!
    The Delima is simply this…If Joseph Smith is NOT who we as LDS believe him to be(a prophet of God) And the BOM,(The KEYSTONE OF THE LDS RELIGION, THE MOST CORRECT BOOK ON THE EARTH) D&C, Book of Abraham are NOT what we were taught as Scripture>
    Therefore the LDS Church is NOT True, Its False!
    What part of this You Don’t understand????
    The Bible(which is correct) warns Us to come OUT of the FALSE RELIGIOUS SYSTEM!RevelationChapter17,Chapter18

• Ron Condon
      February 23, 2012 at 5:59 am

I SAY THESE THINGS IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, AMEN!

• July 21, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Ron,
        I have taken the same route you have.
        Mormonism -> Evangelism.
        Ron! Make it Mormonism -> Evangalism -> Ron-ism.
        You’ll be fine.

Henning

3. Ron Condon
    February 23, 2012 at 6:32 am

John uses the term ‘perfection” many times in this talk. See, thats the problem with Man-made Religion! Its Works Rightesnousess based Religion! Weather its, by keeping the “Words of Wisdom”, the 10 commandments, temple work, etc.
    True conversion leads to a new Direction, NOT Perfection!
    I for one, have discovered the liberty I have in Christ! I do good works because of what Christ DID for me! NOT because of required ordiances. NEVER expecting to be Perfected this side of eternity!
    I heard A Pastoron the radio state”If you Find the “Perfect” Church, Don’t go in cause You will ruin it!” We are imperfect beings who serve a Perfect God! Jesus Christ IS THE TRUTH(John8:32,36, John14:6) When the SON, Sets you Free you are FREE INDEED! ” FREEDOM!”..Mel Gibson Braveheart

4. February 24, 2012 at 7:10 pm

thanks for share!

5. Cliff Bentley
    March 16, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I really enjoyed this presentation when I first heard it, and still think it’s useful. Love John’s Mormon Stories series. What is sad is when people don’t appreciate the nuance and need for personal research necessary to really understand “the rest of the story”.

6. Cliff Bentley
    March 16, 2012 at 5:59 pm

@Ron…
    “Well, the ONLY Logical conclusion is 1. Joseph Smith IS a FALSE Prophet, The BOM is NOT True, nor is the D&C, Pearl of Great Price, Book of Abraham!!!!
    Therefore the LDS Church is NOT True, Its False!
    What part of this You Don’t understand????”

If it were only that simple. When you use logic, the postulates have to be 100% true. Else everything falls apart and ends up as illogical and irrational as anything else, with the added troublesome presumption that the conclusion can be trusted — but it’s just lipstick on a pig.

Who told you a prophet couldn’t act like Joseph Smith acted?